Our practice philosophy is firmly focused on prevention to stop dental problems from occurring or getting any worse – an approach that can save significant time and discomfort.
Regular check-ups with the dentist and hygienist means any issues can be identified early and addressed before they progress and end up needing more involved and costly treatment. These problems may include:
- Decay and cavities
- Gum disease
- Oral cancer
- Dental erosion
As well as detecting issues with your teeth and gums, the dentist and hygienist can also:
- Scale and polish teeth to remove the build-up of plaque and tartar.
- Guide you as to how to look after your teeth at home, using interdental cleaning aids and mouthwashes, and give you tooth-friendly diet tips.
- Apply fissure sealants to protect the biting surface of teeth.
Our dental health educator is also available for oral hygiene advice.
As well as seeing dental professionals regularly, it is also vital to develop an effective home care strategy including:
- Brushing twice a day for at least two minutes and cleaning between teeth with floss or interdental brushes.
- Using an effective mouthwash for your particular needs.
- Giving up smoking as it can exacerbate gum problems and cause staining.
- Avoiding too many sugary snacks and drinks.
- Encouraging children to start looking after their teeth as early as possible.