If you are looking to brighten up your smile to achieve a more youthful, attractive appearance, we can offer a convenient whitening treatment that can be carried out in the comfort of your own home, but also under our expert supervision.
Our home teeth whitening procedure is a more effective way to whiten teeth than shop-bought kits because it uses customised mouth trays, which provide a more secure fit. This allows the lightening gel to have good contact with the teeth and minimises the possibility of irritation.
Teeth whitening – a step-by-step guide
- It’s a good idea to attend a hygienist appointment prior to whitening so plaque and accumulated tartar don’t get in the way. It can also help to remove stubborn stains which may slow down the whitening process.
- We take impressions of your teeth so tailor-made trays can be produced.
- When ready, we instruct you how to use these with the gel and let you know for how long they should be worn each day.
- You wear the mouth trays daily for the required length of time.
- After using the trays for a couple of weeks, you will have a follow-up appointment so we can monitor the progress of the whitening.
Although home teeth whitening achieves very good results, these will not be permanent, and the process will need to be repeated regularly. However, if you maintain good oral hygiene and avoid stain-causing food and drink, you can retain your whiter teeth for longer.